The Netzari Faith

Netzarim, Original followers of Yeshua & His 12

Halacha means the way to go, or how to walk in newness of Life in Mashiyach and Torah.  Y'shua taught halacha in ways that are opposite what the Pharisees taught, and opposite of modern Christianity.  Here are a few examples:

John 5:7-16  "The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steps down before me.  Y'shua said unto him, Rise, take up your bed, and walk.  And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and this was on the Shabbat.  The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the Shabbat: it is not lawful for you to carry your bed.  He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, "Take up your bed, and walk".  Then they asked him, What man is that which said to you, Take up your bed, and walk?  And he that was healed didn't know who healed him: for Y'shua had conveyed himself away into the multitude of people.  Afterward Y'shua found him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, you are made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto you.  The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Y'shua, which had made him whole.  And therefore did the Jews persecute Y'shua, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the Shabbat."

Clearly, Yeshua had different halacha than the Pharisees, it would have been nothing for Y'shua to instruct the man to leave his bed where it was, and return to get it after Shabbat, but He didn't.  Why not?  There are many lessons to learn here, one being that YHWH's halacha extends both mercy and instruction to people, the basis of Shabbat observance is to grow in and learn of Mashiyach by taking the appointed time to rest in Him.

The Mashiyach demonstrated His authority to establish halacha:

John 5:17-27  "But Y'shua answered them, My Father works, and I work.  Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the Shabbat, but said also that Elohim (G-d) was his Father, making himself equal with Elohim (G-d).  Then answered Y'shua and said unto them, Truly, truly, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father do: for whatever things He does, the Son does likewise.  For the Father loves the Son, and shows him all things that He Himself does: and He will shew him greater works than these, that you may marvel.  For as the Father raises up the dead, and quickens them; even so the Son quickens who he will.  For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment unto the Son:  That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honours not the Son honours not the Father which has sent him.  Truly, truly, I say unto you, He that hears my word, and believes on him that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.  Truly, truly, I say to you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of Elohim (G-d): and they that hear shall live.  For as the Father has life in himself; so has He given to the Son to have life in himself;  And has given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man."

Yeshua is accountable to His Father and as a Servant He emulated Torah, He is the Living Torah.  The point of having the man take up his bed and walk was to establish a greater principle, "the shabbat was made for man, not man for the shabbat" (Mark 2:27)  Y'shua taught the Kingdom and will of His Father and through enormous compassion demonstrated power to heal the sick whether, physical, mental or spiritual.  Y'shua did not set new halachic principles as much as He restored the halacha as YHWH intended from the very beginning.  Is it inappropriate to work and to carry a bed on the Shabbat?  Yes most certainly, but all flesh can now witness that Mashiyach provided halacha for Shabbat which is full of grace and mercy, Yeshua elevated mankind and brought us from under a religious yoke of tradition and false humility.

The man needed physical healing and to have Salvation,

the Shabbat is a day for healing and to have Yeshua.

A second example of Y'shua's halacha. 

Matthew 6:1-4 "Take heed that you do not your tsedaka (alms) before men, to be seen of them: otherwise you have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.  Therefore when you do tsedaka, do not sound a trumpet before yourselfas the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Truly I say unto you, They have their reward.  But when you do tsedaka, let not your left hand know what your right hand does:  That your tsedaka may be in secret: and your Father which sees in secret himself will reward you openly."

It is quite common in many Jewish circles for benefactors to advertise their supporter, with plaques, awards, dinners and all from of public recognition... you know the story, right?  Y'shua said DON'T DO IT!  We we give we are directed to give in the Name of YHWH as His Good Will, not our own.  The giver MUST give as if YHWH Himself is the one giving, the recipient must also give credit to YHWH for receiving from their benefactors.  This is very important point as it pertains to the Kingdom of Elohim, YHWH is the One who is giving, health, life, witty inventions etc.  YHWH desires that His people recognize this and reflect His character to others.  We are made in the image of Elohim, the more we reflect Him the greater universal victories there are for His Kingdom.  When benefactors take the credit for giving, they are robbing themselves from eternal blessings.  Money is often more highly coveted in the material world than all else, however education and experience in the Kingdom of Elohim is much more prized by Mashiyach.  It is the Ruach HaKodesh that writes the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of the Kingdom upon the heart but it takes a benefactor to give time as their contribution, not money.  Contrary to the old adage, time is NOT money, time of course is invaluable, if you don't think so just ask anybody who is dead. :)

A third example of Y'shua's halacha.

Matthew 6:5-8  "And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Truly I say unto you, They have their reward.  But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly.  But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.  Don't be like them: for your Father knows what things you have need of, before ye ask him."  

Yeshua's halacha tells us that YHWH knows all the religious games people play every day.  He knows how the weak flesh can put on a show at the Kotel, Beit Knesset, local Church, home meeting, or what have you, especially when there are needs or appeals to be made in front of others.  People tell lies on the inside and the outside every day, Mashiyach is telling us save our breath and see ourselves for who we really are, like YHWH sees us, and pray from a contrite heart.

http://www.mashiyach.com/QandA.htm

Views: 50

Reply to This

Latest Activity

Rabbi Derrick Whitt posted a status
"Gut Shabbos, Mispochah!"
Feb 10, 2023
Rabbi Derrick Whitt posted photos
Feb 10, 2023
Rabbi Derrick Whitt updated their profile
Feb 10, 2023
Mowreh ELbenYahuw Amri Yisra'el updated their profile
Jul 21, 2020

YHWH"S Children of pakistan

This is a kids home that Teaches & Cares for Homeless, Poor & Needy Kids of Pakistan. The Way  of YHWH

JPost!

Israel today

© 2024   Created by Larry.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service